Divorce Recovery Workshop
Dr. James Stillwell’s Divorce Recovery Workshop is offered two times a year at Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church. The workshop has sessions beginning in February and September and meets for seven weeks during each session.
Divorce Recovery Workshop is a combination of large-group education and small-group support for adults who have experience or are experiencing marital separation or divorce. A workshop is also offered for children age 4 through 12th grade who are experiencing or have experienced the separation or divorce of their parents. Adult small groups and children’s groups are led by trained facilitators.
This workshop is FREE and open to anyone in the community (you do not need to be a member of Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church).
Current Session: September 12
This session will begin September 12 and will run through October 24 and meets on Thursday evenings from 6-9pm.
- Week 1 — Is This Really Happening to Me?
- Week 2 — Dealing with Your Former Spouse
- Week 3 — Assuming New Responsibilities
- Week 4 — Coping Skills for Down Day
- Week 5 — “New Community: Thinking About Forgiveness
- Week 6 — New Community: New Relationships
- Week 7 — Co-parenting Survival Skills
Divorce Recovery is for you if you are:
- Thinking about divorce
- In the process of separation
- Separated and not yet divorced
- In the process of divorce
- Recently divorced
- Divorced a long time ago
- Parenting after divorce
- Divorced with no children or grown children
- Initiator of the divorce
- The one who was left in a divorce
- Single again after a long relationship
- Grieving a breakup
- Celebrating the end of a bad marriage
Registration for our September session is open! Please register now using the button below.
Dr. James Stillwell
Divorce Recovery FacilitatorKY Licensed Pastoral Counselor
Dr. James Stillwell is a master of divorce recovery, and helps people learn from their past, while focusing on their future.
Dr. Stillwell has helped more than 3,000 individuals and families through the divorce recovery process. He has over 25 years of experience in single adult ministry.
Dr. Stillwell’s educational background includes a Doctorate in Theology, seminary Master’s degrees in Theology and Education, and a Bachelor’s degree in Religion.
Dr. Stillwell is based in Lexington, Kentucky, and is happily married to wife Vivian, is a nurturing father of four children, and a proud grandfather.