We are operating on a limited schedule:
Monday – Friday 8am-1pm (reservations and walk-ins accepted)
***Beginning Tuesday, September 8 we will introduce evening hours. Evening hours are by reservation only.
Upcoming CROSS Center Hours:
- Monday, September 7 – 8am-12pm (reservations and walk-ins accepted)
- Tuesday, September 8 – 8am-1pm (reservations and walk-ins accepted), 4pm-7pm (reservations only)
- Wednesday, September 9 – 8am-1pm (reservations and walk-ins accepted)
- Thursday, September 10 – 8am-1pm (reservations and walk-ins accepted), 4pm-7pm (reservations only)
- Friday, September 11 – 8am-1pm (reservations and walk-ins accepted)
Following these dates, the new CROSS Center hours will be:
- Monday, Tuesday & Thursday – 8am-1pm (reservations and walk-ins accepted), 4pm-7pm (reservations only)
- Wednesday & Friday – 8am-1pm (reservations and walk-ins accepted)
CROSS Center Use Information
The CROSS Center is open! If you decide it’s time to get back to the CROSS Center, please download our re-opening guidelines and read through them here.
To ensure proper social distancing, we will be operating on a limited capacity and reservations per area/per day. We are also only open to those with CROSS Center Memberships. Please plan to bring and wear a mask while in the facility.
Reservations will be available for 45-minute time slots beginning at the top of each hour. During the last 15 minutes of each hour, our CROSS Center staff will be disinfecting each area in use.
Capacity in each area will be limited with only 8 people at one time in the weight rooms, 8 people at one time on the walking track, and 1 individual or family per gym court (3 courts will be open).
You can make your reservation here.
Along with reservations, we are accepting CROSS Center member walk-ins. Those with reservations will be given first priority to use each area, with walk-ins allowed only if there is enough space.
Please remember, the CROSS Center cannot totally protect you from COVID-19. We will do our best to make our facility clean and safe for you to use, but personal responsibility is very important. It’s up to you to practice social distancing and take other steps to keep yourself protected.
CROSS Center Re-opening Guidelines
If you decide it’s time to get back to the CROSS Center, here’s what you need to know to stay as safe as possible.
1. STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK
Please stay home if you have felt sick in the last 24 hours (fever, cough, or shortness of breath). If you have had any of these symptoms or been around anyone who has, please stay home.
2. CONSIDER STAYING HOME IF YOU ARE HIGH RISK.
If you’re at high risk (over the age of 65) or have a high-risk medical condition you should consider whether the benefits of the gym are worth the higher risk of being in close proximity to others.
3. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
The CROSS Center can’t totally protect you. Personal responsibility is very important! It’s up to you to practice social distancing.
4. CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED.
Keep the kids at home if you are not willing to supervise them. We are unable to provide common area seating for children to hang-out. ALL youth under the age of 16 will need to be supervised by a parent/adult. Youth under the age of 16 may not be dropped off at the CROSS Center.
Youth are allowed under the following conditions:
*You are a member of the CROSS Center and have reserved a gymnasium court for you and your family.
*You are a member and have reserved a spot for yourself and your 14-year old child to use the general weight room area or track. (You will need two slots to do this, not just one slot for the both of you. If two slots are not available, only the adult will be able to utilize the area.)
*You are a member, or your 16-year-old child is a member and has reserved a gymnasium court, a spot in the general weight room or track.
5. LIMITED CAPACITY & RESERVATIONS.
To ensure proper social distancing, we will be operating on a limited capacity and reservations per area/per day.
CROSS Center areas open and capacity
Weight Rooms – 8 people per hour
Up to 8 individuals will be allowed into the weight rooms per hour. This is a combined total for the general weight room and the free weight room. Only 3 individuals may be in the free weight room at one time.
Walking Track – 8 people per hour
Gymnasium– 1 person per court or 1 family per court (3 courts available)
***No guests!! Members only at this time!!
6. HEALTH SCREENINGS.
Members will be screened when entering the facility. You will be asked four questions and have the option to check your temperature. Here are the four questions:
- Have you or anyone in your household been diagnosed with COVID-19, had a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or cold/flu-like symptoms in the last two weeks?
- Are you or anyone in your household currently providing care for anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, had a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or cold/flu-like symptoms in the last two weeks?
- Are you or anyone in your household under voluntary or involuntary quarantine?
- Are you or anyone in your household under voluntary or involuntary quarantine in the past two weeks?
7. WEAR A MASK AND BRING A TOWEL AND BOTTLED WATER.
Bring a towel, a mask, and a water bottle: Members will be asked to bring their own water bottle and a workout towel (towel will not be provided for personal use, a towel will be provided only to wipe down the equipment). While it might be tough to wear a face mask during an intense work-out, we ask that all members bring a mask and wear it. This protects the people around you. As for equipment, use your personal towel to put a barrier between you and any machine you are utilizing. This protects you!!
8. MANY COMMON AREAS ARE CLOSED.
Common areas such as the lobby area, lockers, changing areas, showers, and water fountains are closed until further notice. You may still use the restroom and wash your hands. You need to come dressed to work out.
9. WIPE DOWN MACHINES AND WEIGHTS.
PLEASE wipe down all machines and weights with a clean towel or wipe each time you use them before and after. Members will have their own individual spray bottle to clean equipment. All equipment must be cleaned after every use … this is a REQUIREMENT, not a recommendation.
10. PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
Please exercise on designated equipment only and practice social distancing. Strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
Golden CROSS Class
What is the CROSS Center?
The CROSS Center is a
- Walking Track
- Gymnasium (2 basketball courts)
- Free Weight Room
- Aerobics Studio
- Weight Machine/Cardio Room
- Locker/rest Rooms (with showers)
- Kitchen with Concessions (only available during certain hours)
Upcoming at the CROSS Center
The CROSS Center will have limited evening hours beginning Tuesday, September 8!
Ongoing updates on our response to COVID-19.
The CROSS Center at Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church is excited to bring you an online version of our Golden CROSS Class!