If there will be an empty chair at your holiday table because of the death of a loved one, “Surviving the Holidays” will help your journey through this season. We will host this special two-hour event on Thursday, November 11, at 6:00 pm. If you have lost a loved one, we hope you will attend. If you know family members, friends, neighbors, or co-workers who have experienced loss, please invite them to come.
Surviving the Holidays is a helpful, encouraging seminar for people facing the holidays after a loved one’s death. This seminar is offered at no cost. Child care is not available.
The seminar features video interviews with counselors, grief experts, and other people who have experienced the holidays after their loved one’s death and who offer practical suggestions and reassurance. These people share honestly about:
• Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays
• What to do about traditions and other coming changes
• How to handle holiday parties and invitations
• How to survive potentially awkward moments with other people
• Where to find comfort, strength, and hope in a seemingly hopeless time
Those who attend will receive a Survival Guide filled with practical tips, encouraging words, journaling ideas, and exercises for daily help through the holiday season.
Please make sure to register if you plan to attend so we can have your materials ready.
If you will attend, please complete the registration form below.