As we prepare for the Advent season and our Chrismon service this year we will be doing a “Reverse Advent Calendar.” Most Advent calendars are designed to give a different little gift or chocolate for each day of the Advent Season. This Calendar works in reverse! Instead of opening a new little gift each day in Advent, we have bags, to which we add one item each day. This will also allow opportunity for a prayer of Thanksgiving and a prayer for those in need.
Each day for 25 days beginning Nov. 7 we challenge you to add an item of food to a donation box or bag. You will bring those items as an offering to our Dec. 1 Chrismon Service. Each day as you add your item to your bag, we encourage you to thank God for all His blessings and to pray for those that will receive the items you donate.
Hopefully by now you are asking, “How can I get a box?” Easy! Donation bags and lists with a daily item will be given out at our services on Sunday, Nov. 3. If you aren’t at service that day, you can pick one up later or use any box or bag you have at your house.
Below you’ll find our calendar list:
- Nov 7 – Canned Peaches
- Nov 8 – Canned Soup
- Nov 9 – Laundry Detergent
- Nov 10 – Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Nov 11 – Hamburger Helper
- Nov 12 – Spaghetti Sauce & Noodles
- Nov 13 – Ready Serve Rice
- Nov 14 – Pork-n-beans
- Nov 15 – Toilet Paper
- Nov 16 – Green Beans or Peas
- Nov 17 – Canned Chicken
- Nov 18 – Peanut Butter
- Nov 19 – Jar of Applesauce
- Nov 20 – Canned Tuna
- Nov 21 – Bottle of Pancake Syrup
- Nov 22 – Ramen Noodles
- Nov 23 – Dish-washing Liquid
- Nov 24 – Bars of Soap
- Nov 25 – Pancake Mix or Poptarts
- Nov 26 – Box of Cereal
- Nov 27 – Box of Macaroni & Cheese
- Nov 28 – Canned Corn or Carrots
- Nov 29 – Canned Ravioli
- Nov 30 – Spam or Vienna Sausage
- Dec 1 – Canned Soup
Bring your bag or box filled with items to the Chrismon service on December 1st at 6pm.