As we prepare for the Advent season and our Chrismon service this year we will be doing a “Reverse Advent Calendar.” Most Advent calendars are designed to give a different little gift or chocolate for each day of the Advent Season. This Calendar works in reverse! Instead of opening a new little gift each day in Advent, we have bags, to which we add one item each day. This will also allow opportunity for a prayer of Thanksgiving and a prayer for those in need.
Each day for 25 days beginning Nov. 8 we challenge you to add an item of food to a donation box or bag. You will bring those items as an offering to our Dec. 2 Chrismon Service. Each day as you add your item to your bag, we encourage you to thank God for all His blessings and to pray for those that will receive the items you donate.
Hopefully by now you are asking, “How can I get a box?” Easy! Donation bags and lists with a daily item will be given out at our services on Sunday, Nov. 4. If you aren’t at service that day, you can pick one up later or use any box or bag you have at your house.
Below you’ll find our calendar list:
- November 8 – Corn (canned)
- November 9 – Tuna (canned)
- November 10 – Package of Toilet Paper
- November 11 – Green Beans (canned)
- November 12 – Pork n Beans (canned)
- November 13 – Peanut Butter
- November 14 – Soup (canned)
- November 15 – Hamburger Helper
- November 16 – Detergent
- November 17 – Sweet Peas (canned)
- November 18 – Spaghetti Sauce
- November 19 – Spaghetti Noodles
- November 20 – Shampoo
- November 21 – Carrots (canned)
- November 22 – Pack of Ramen Noodles
- November 23 – Soup (canned)
- November 24 – Tubes of Toothpaste
- November 25 – Tuna (canned)
- November 26 – Mixed Vegetables (canned)
- November 27 – Pork n Beans (canned)
- November 28 – Deodorants
- November 29 – Peanut Butter
- November 30 – Soup (canned)
- December 1 – Hamburger Helper
- December 2 – Bars of Soap
Bring your bag or box filled with items to the Chrismon service on December 2nd at 6pm.