A unique opportunity to serve in an alive, growing church (2000+ members) with a small-town feel. In this beautiful horse-country setting, we minister to people from several large metropolitan cities as well as rural areas. We are seeking a full-time Children’s Minister to serve as a staff member within a vibrant congregation, working with a committed staff and gifted lay leadership in order to nurture children from birth through 5th grade, and their families, in the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
1. Must be a committed person of God with a strong relationship with Jesus Christ
2. Must demonstrate a love for children and knowledge of child development; possess the ability to establish rapport with them; and lead them in their Christian walk
3. Will be expected to become a member of this church
4. Must use appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Forks children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
5. Must be committed to the Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church’s doctrine, vision, values, and beliefs
6. Must be able to train and lead volunteers with a team approach to ministry
7. Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university and possession (or be in pursuit of) an advanced degree in Christian Ministry is preferred. A degree in Children’s/Christian Education is preferred but not required.
8. Must possess budgeting/financial skills
9. Must have basic computer skills and be willing to learn specific programs and protocols
10. Must have strong communication/organizational skills
11. Must be able to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff
12. Must be able to be hands-on in leading Children’s Church, VBS and all other functions of the Children’s Ministry.
13. Must be able to work actively with safety/security team and participate in volunteer training
Please send a letter of interest and resume including references to:
Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church
ATTN: Office/Communications Director
495 Duckers Rd
Midway, KY 40347
Or email to: email@example.com
Submission Deadline: July 18, 2020