Adult and children’s Sunday School Classes will be meeting on Sundays at 9:45 a.m. in person at Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church.
- Disciplship 101 Revisited (Various Teachers): While the culture and experience of Discipleship 101 will never be replicated, the plan is to have a temporary class as members explore other classes, start new classes, or decide to form a version of Discipleship 2.0. Several different folks have been asked to teach/lead each week and time will be provided for discussion, visiting, reviewing other available classes, and making decisions about our individual futures in the Forks Sunday School.
- Young Adults (Teacher: Jon Baker): This class is designed for post-college age up through the time you still feel comfortable being called a “Young Adult”! We discuss the Bible and focus on making God’s word our foundation as we establish our careers and families. We strive to share and encourage one another in making God a part of our everyday life. We have great discussions about overcoming temptation in today’s society and standing out in this world for Jesus.
- Shepherd’s Flock (Teacher: Connie Camden): The Shepherd’s Flock is a co-ed class for adults desiring to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus, the Good Shepherd. As his flock, we gather to learn how to disciple, minister, pray, love, forgive, share the Gospel message, and follow the Shepherd’s voice through the leading of the Holy Spirit and the revelation of God’s Word. In this class, the Bible and Lifeway curriculums are used; discussion is encouraged, and our age range varies. Come grow with us as we follow The Good Shepherd. “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” John 10:27 (NIV)
- Encouragers (Teacher: Galen Linville): The Encouragers class focuses on studies that are both Biblically sound and help the individual to develop a closer relationship with God. Study materials range from studies on the various books of the Bible to books that bring the message into modern times. We believe that God is very active in our day-to-day lives and through class participation and the sharing of views God has placed on our hearts and minds, we will be able to see a clearer picture of what He has planned. We invite anyone who is interested to attend our class. There is no set age limit, and all are welcome.
- GAP (God’s Always Present) (Teacher: Kim Holloway): The GAP Class is a group of women of all ages who are madly in love with Jesus Christ their Savior. Every Sunday they meet to study his word and learn how to apply his word in their daily lives. They search the Bible for the answers in their struggles of being a Christian woman in today’s home, workplace, and community. The women of the GAP Class love each other and support each other in any way that is needed. The GAP Class also works closely with the Women’s Ministry for opportunities to serve the community in times of need. We welcome all women who would like to join our unique sisterhood and Bible Study class.
- Senior Couples (Teacher: Dan Arnold): The Senior Couples class was initiated as a place where senior couples might engage in Bible Study together, but anyone is welcome to become a part of this group. The class is interactive with discussions centered on lessons from the Lifeway material. Bible study with the goal of increasing our knowledge and the depth of our understanding of God’s word to us in His Holy Scriptures is the main goal of this class. As we work toward this goal, class acquaintances become Christian friendships and class interactions often turn into outside activities together.
- Joy (Teacher: Marsha Clark): The Joy Class is a loving, caring group of women, close to each other and very welcoming of newcomers. This is a very good place to meet other women and make lasting friendships. We use Bible Studies for Life study material. We meet periodically for food and fellowship and are active in many church ministries.
- Senior Men (Teacher: Dean Oschwald): The Bible is what we are dedicated to studying, with lessons from the Lifeway Sunday School materials. Class discussion and participation are encouraged. Any age is welcome.
- B’rith Covenant (Teacher: Charley Carlson): We welcome all ages, singles, or couples to the B’rith Class, the Hebrew word for covenant. This is a Bible Study oriented class focused on a verse by verse examination of the Scriptures. Please join us if you are looking for a Sunday School home in which to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- College & Career (Teacher: Todd McDaniel): This class offers an opportunity for young, single adults to grow in their relationship with God as they form a support system for one another. Our purpose is to study the Bible and learn how its truths apply to our lives at school, work, home, and in relationships. Learning to live out these truths will help young adults to fulfill their individual purpose and have an eternal impact on the world we live in.
- Esther (Teacher: Lorene Heskett): The Esther Class is for ladies of any age who have a desire to continue to learn from God’s Word, grow in their faith, and relationship with God and others. We are currently studying Bible Studies for Life. We welcome class participation, but no one will ever be embarrassed by being called on to read or answer questions. We are a fellowship of believers who pray, encourage, and love one another. Our goal is to bring honor to God and glorify Him in all that we are and in all we do. Our desire is to fulfill Christ’s commission and purpose for all people to be able to hear about Jesus, and know Him in a real personal way, as their own Savior and Lord. We believe God has placed us here, “For such a time as this.”
Adult Sunday School Classes meet in various areas of the building. Please ask a greeter or Welcome Center worker for assistance finding the class of your choosing.
Children’s & Youth Classes
- Preschool Age 1 & 2
- Preschool Age 3 & 4
- 1st & 2nd Grade
- 3rd-5th Grade
- Middle & High School (6th-12th Grade)
All our children’s Sunday School classes meet in the Children’s Wing. Our Middle & High School class meets in our youth area.