Graduates and Families,
Your Safety and Risk Management Committee has been working to find a way to celebrate your accomplishments safely and meaningfully during the COVID-19 pandemic. To this end, we would like to invite you to an in-person Graduate Recognition Service at Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church on Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 11:00 A.M.
Please keep in mind that this is our first function of any kind since the pandemic struck our country. We are proceeding with an abundance of caution with your safety at the forefront. This service will also serve as a planning tool for future services and your feedback prior to, and especially after, the event will be welcomed. If you choose not to attend this in-person service, you will still be included and honored in the recognition and will be able to watch the service online. (This service will take the place of the previously scheduled Graduation Parade.)
Please read through the guidelines below to help you prepare and make sure to save your seats as soon as possible at forksbaptist.org/saveaseat.
- Attendance will be limited. At this time, we are asking that only the graduate and immediate family members (common household) attend this in-person celebration.
- To attend, please save your seats at forksbaptist.org/saveaseat. Those who plan to attend the in-person celebration should register their family online at forksbaptist.org/saveaseat no later than Wednesday, June 10, 2020. If you have any issues saving your seat online, please call the church office at (859) 873-1967. We appreciate your help in testing our new online “save a seat” system.
- Each attendee is asked to assess his/her personal risk in attending this event. Risk factors include, but are not limited to, coughing, sneezing, above normal temperature, and contact with anyone exhibiting these symptoms. If you have underlying health conditions or are 65+ we encourage you to celebrate with us online via LiveStream or Facebook.
- Practice social distancing. We know you want to greet people, but we ask that you avoid handshakes and hugs and maintain a 6-foot distance from others. The church will make every effort to ensure everyone is afforded the opportunity to maintain the recommended six feet of spacing between families.
- Each attendee should wear a mask. Wearing a mask reduces the number of aerosolized particles the wearer exhales into the air. Thus, the wearer is protecting those around him/her more than protecting themselves. Please bring your own mask. (We will have masks and hand sanitizer available for anyone in need.)
- Bring a Bible, pen, and bottled water. Hymnals, Bibles, and pencils will be removed from the pew racks and water fountains will not be available.
- Restroom use will be limited. Restrooms will be available, but their use will be limited to one person at a time and they must be cleaned following each use.
Our church staff and volunteers look forward to seeing you soon at this in-person Graduate Recognition Service! If you have any questions, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 873-1967.
John Witt, Chairman
Safety and Risk Management Committee
Forks of Elkhorn Baptist Church